Department of Hotel Management and Catering Technology was established in 2003, under the banner of the Birla Institute of Technology. The dept. offers a 4-year degree programme in Hotel Management & Catering Technology approved by the AICTE.
The Department is determined to create a world-class center in hospitality education, with the technical assistance of experts and reputed personalities from the industry and academics. Within a short span of time from its inception, the dept. has achieved the position of being one of the most sought after Institute of Hotel Management in India.
Department is equipped with training kitchens, housekeeping laboratory, front office laboratory, computer laboratory, and Internet center; state–of–the–art auditorium and conference center, and a world-class library which ensure practical training in a professional hotel environment.
Students are placed at various hotels of international repute like Taj, Oberoi, Leela, ITC, Marriot, Hyatt to name a few.
To become a globally recognized hospitality institution for creating skilled human resource to meet the professional Hospitality Industry needs across the globe.
- To create salubrious environment to provide excellent state of the art facilities meeting the hospitality industry requirement.
- To provide excellent technological support to bridge the gap between academic and industry to fulfill the overall academic need of the society.
- To ensure all round development of the students and to create a platform for turning out hospitality professional who can assume leadership position in society.
- To provide high quality course structure to enable qualified professionals to meet the hospitality needs globally.
- To develop effective teaching skill and research potentials of the faculty members.
Department has its own bi-annual blind refereed, research journal, JOHAR (Journal of Hospitality Application and Research) published in association with Publishing India Group, indexed in Proquest, i-scholar, Sci-Archives.
The Department of Hotel Management & Catering Technology presently offers a four-year (8 Semester) Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management & Catering Technology (BHMCT). This programme is approved by AICTE. The program lays emphasis on practical application of theoretical lessons through training, laboratory work, hands-on workshops, theme parties, projects, and study tours. To have a real life experience of Industry students go on "Industrial Exposure Training" for 6 months in various Star Hotels.
The Department provides Training & Consultancy services in various aspects of Hospitality & Tourism. Various Short term Training programmes and Seminars are organized from time to time. It conducts a six-month certificate course in Accommodation Operation for the students sponsored by the Department of Welfare, Govt. of Jharkhand.
Dr. Abhinav Kr. Shandilya
In Charge - HOD
Department of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
BIT- Mesra, Ranchi
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
(M) - 09472711951
For student activities click on the following links:
Department Hospitality Club