The research carried out in the Department is oriented towards the applied end of the research spectrum. Hence most of the results are of direct relevance to the needs of the society at large.
- Synthesis of novel therapeutic agents as new chemical entities for the betterment of health science:
- Discovery of Anti-Viral Agents
- Discovery of Anti-Malarial Agents
- Synthesis of heterocyclic analogues of therapeutic interest
Polymer & Environment Education and Research
- Synthesis & applications of grafted copolymers
- Fly ash Utilization
- Environmental Chemistry & Health
- Synthesis of pH sensitive polymers
- Mesoporous hybrid nanomaterials for toxic waste removal
- Environmental Monitoring & Control
- Microbial fuel cells from municipal waste
Computational Chemistry and Molecular Design
- Computational chemistry for the understanding of macromolecular systems such as Viral Polymerase, Calsiquestrine etc. in 3D context and associated with particular disease.
- Computer aided drug design.
- Mechanical and quantum based computation chemistry to understand the effect of drugs on target protein etc.
- Liquid Junction Solar cells
The Department of Chemistry has initiated Research collaboration with the following Universities and Institutions:
- National Centre for Cell Science, Pune (DBT Institute)
- ICMR Virus Unit, Kolkata (Indian Council of Medical Research)
- Center for Chronic Viral Diseases, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University Kagoshima 890-8544, Japan.
- Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA